Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. While you probably realize that you should take certain steps to prevent this disease, you may not know that chiropractic care is an effective form of cardiovascular disease prevention.
How Chiropractic Care Helps the Heart
The blood vessels in your body and your heart are connected to your central nervous system by millions of small connections. These small nerves control your blood pressure and your heart rate, which are two extremely important factors for heart health. Since chiropractic care can positively impact the nerves in your body, it can be an effective form of cardiovascular disease prevention.
There are a number of different ways that chiropractic care can benefit the heart, such as:
- Studies show that chiropractic patients may see an improvement in their blood pressure after their chiropractor adjusts the first vertebra, or Atlas.
- Chiropractic care can reduce blood markers that lead to inflammation.
- Regular chiropractic visits can improve the heart’s nerve function.
- This form of treatment has the potential to reduce chest pain.
- Chiropractic care can improve heart rate variability.
- Chiropractic patients may see an improvement in their lung function, which has been linked to heart failure.
Of course, chiropractic care and proper disease prevention practices do more than just help your heart. Not only can regular chiropractic visits to our office introduce you to methods that reduce pain and help you prevent certain diseases, but they can also minimize chronic pain and help you reach your full physical potential.