Greater Life Chiropractic

Don’t Wait for Signs of Pain to Do Something About Your Health

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

When you feel pain in your body, you immediately know something is wrong.  Pain is a warning sign to let you know that something isn’t quite right.  But the problem is that pain can be one of the last symptoms of a serious illness or health problem.  Instead of waiting for pain to manifest itself, wouldn’t it be better to be proactive about your health?  You shouldn’t just visit the doctor when something is wrong, but instead, you should be aware of how your body is functioning and doing whatever you can to stay as healthy as possible. The goal of living a healthy life is about maintaining health, not losing it and having to regain it. While we are happy to see anyone who is in pain of any kind in our office, we don’t want you just to schedule a visit with a Charlotte chiropractor just because you suddenly start experiencing back or neck pain.  Regular visits are recommended to ensure the body is always functioning at its best, whether you feel healthy or not. Waiting for signs of pain could be detrimental to your health.  After all, waiting to do something about your health until you are in pain is like waiting until your house is on fire to turn off the stove.

When Do We Feel Pain?

Physical pain can vary significantly from one person to another.  It can be mild and dull or sharp and severe. It may come and go, or it may seem to be present at all times. If we don’t take care of ourselves, we may not be aware of underlying health conditions, which can become chronic and far more serious over time.  Sadly, pain is one of the last symptoms to occur in many chronic conditions.  It is not a reliable indicator of good health and function.  Just because you are without pain doesn’t mean something isn’t’ wrong. In fact, only about 10% of the central nervous system perceives pain. The other 90% is dedicated to ensuring the body functions properly.

Keep this metaphor in mind: waiting to do something about your health until you are in pain is like waiting until your house is on fire.  Once the house is on fire, it is already too late to do anything except call in the emergency responders.  Once the pain begins, it may be too late to correct the problem and you’ll be stuck dealing with pain and symptom management.  Chiropractic care from Charlotte chiropractor Dr. Grant Lisetor can help you avoid getting to this point.  Before reaching a place of desperation and misery when it comes to your health, consider noninvasive, effective chiropractic care.

Chiropractic Care Promotes Whole Body Health

Health conditions can arise seemingly out of nowhere. Some people may feel extremely healthy, only to be suddenly diagnosed with a serious illness. If you can’t rely on how you feel or a lack of pain to let you know you are healthy, then what can you do? Thankfully, Dr. Grant Lisetor of Greater Life Chiropractic can help! His practice of neurologically-based chiropractic care is dedicated to helping others achieve whole body health. Regular chiropractic care will improve the central nervous system so that it can function optimally to be able to combat health conditions with the hopes of addressing issues before they worsen and before pain begins.

Don’t find yourself like a house on fire trying to finally turn off the stove. Be proactive about your health with chiropractic care. Contact Charlotte chiropractor Dr. Grant Lisetor of Greater Life Chiropractic to find out more.




Fernández-Carnero J, Fernández-de-las-Peñas C, Cleland JA. “Immediate hypoalgesic and motor effects after a single cervical spine manipulation in subjects with lateral epicondylalgia.” J Manipulative Physiol Ther, 2008 Nov-Dec; 31(9): 675-81.

Maltby, J.K., Harrison, D.D., Harrison, D.E., Betz, J.W., Ferrantelli, J.R., Clum, G.W. “Frequency and Duration of Chiropractic Care for Headaches, Neck, and Upper Back Pain.” Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, Aug 2008.


More Articles

Call Now
Schedule Online